It’s official—Summer has arrived! Yeah! Time to spend with family and friends—and you know what that means… Vacations, BBQs, Weddings, Summer Cocktails, Holidays.
How do we navigate all the TEMPTATION?! It’s time to put on our big girl panties (or big boy tightie-whities) and develop a winning strategy to eat clean this summer before we find ourselves underwater. Is it possible to celebrate without booze? Well, of course it is if you want to. Is it possible to have fun without the cake? The answer is YES but how to do it is the question.
How do we stay focused on our goals? Well, the key to this is discovering our Triggers. What is it that you sets you off? What is it that is impossible to say NO to, or, opens the door for other things that are not on your clean eating plan?
- “I’m going to eat in advance.” Protein and fats are most satisfying and helps avoid temptation.
- “I’m going to have 3 bites of my mom’s brownies.” Determine what you will eat/drink and how much of it.
- “I’m taking my favorite salad to the party.” Take your own food/drink with you.
- “I’m going to have one glass of wine.” Make it a spritzer by adding a little club soda and lime. (Not only is alcohol liquid sugar but it lowers our resistance to other Trigger foods)
- “I’m going to go for a 45 minute walk before dinner. Want to come with me?” Make time to move – exercise with a friend!